My Momma Didn't Use to Make it Like This....Um?!?! Say What?!


Merry Christmas!

Today has been a great day. I got lots of footage on the camera that I can't wait to upload to Youtube! But in the mean time....Let me tell you what happened!

I was sweating over a hot stove...literally! Eyebrows just about fell off my face from all of the heat of the stove. I was making macaroni and cheese from scratch for the first time ever, especially for M since it is one of his favorite dishes.

Why did he walk over to the stove and say, "My momma didn't use to make it like this!" And then commences to tell me how his momma used to make it. All of a sudden, the man who doesn't even make his own sandwiches is a Top Chef!

I looked at him with a slight attitude on my face, and then he says, " But I am sure this will be delicious" as he looks at it like it had hair growing out of it.

It's good to know my efforts are being appreciated this Christmas!
Has this ever happened to you? How did you respond?

Comments

  1. The Happy Ending....

    The Mac n Cheese came out GREAT! And guess who had seconds?!?!? None other than the Top Chef himself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your macaroni and cheese turned out great! While my husband has never commented that his mother didn't make something in the same manner as me...he has hinted about missing a couple of his mother's recipes. So, I just called his mom and asked for the recipes. Before he took his first bite I told him that I followed the recipes to the "T" and he better not complain once...he didn't. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! This post is hilarious true Sunshine style! I would absolutely have a force-field of negative energy around me ALL day. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Paula- Thanks! I am too actually. After he commented I was thinking "this better turn out good!" His mom has passed on so I can't ask her for recipes, BUT mac and cheese was her specialty so I am just glad mine remind him of hers. Thanks for stopping by the blog!

    @Yedei- Thanks! I love blogging. And I had to make myself not have an attitude. I had one for at least an hour and then let it go! Thanks so much for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL girl you made me chuckle. Just came on to write on my blog and saw your update in my feed and just had to read. To be honest I saw the mac and cheese and i felt hungry loool...yum...good going girl. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! Glad it turned out well:) I actually made mac & cheese too for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @UniqueOne- Thanks for stopping by! It was delicious.
    @Marie- Me too! I was very happy with his review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

As always, thanks for reading and commenting! I love the feedback.

Popular Posts