Think and Grow Rich: Step 2 Toward Riches: FAITH
I am reading Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (again :D). This time instead of just reading it, I am studying it. I am taking my time going through the book, taking notes and spending time completing the activities the author suggests. I have been guilty of reading books with instructions or activities, and kind of just skimming over the activity like "I'll come back to that later." Only to never come back to it. With this being maybe the third or fourth time going through this book, this time around my mind was more receptive to the information. I am ready to make manifest, the desires of my heart and mind. I am finally doing the things Napoleon has suggested, which will lead me to my desired results.
I am on "Step 2 Toward Riches: Faith". The knowledge I have gained thus far on the subject of faith has been overwhelming (in a good way). Today I wish to share with you my notes and a few excerpts from Step 2.
"You can rise to limitless heights, impelled by the lifting force of your mighty new self-confidence...Faith is the head chemist of the mind. When faith is blended with thought, the subconscious mind instantly picks up the vibration, translates it into its spiritual equivalent, and transmits it to Infinite Intelligence, as in the case of prayer."
The question is what is faith? Faith is a powerful, positive, emotion, a state of mind that can be induced or created, by self suggestion.
"You may convince your subconscious mind that you believe you will receive that for which you ask, and it will act upon that belief, which your subconscious mind passes back to you in the form of "faith", followed by definite plans for procuring that which you desire...all thoughts which have been emotionalized (given feeling) and mixed with faith begin immediately to translate themselves into their physical equivalent or counterpart."
" It is essential for you to encourage the positive emotions as dominating forces of your mind and discourage and eliminate negative emotions."
Lastly I wish to share the point in the chapter where I left off for the day. I highly recommend this book. It really has impacted my life and my attitude in a positive way. I'll leave you with the authors formula for self confidence...
"Resolve to throw off the influences of any unfortunate environment, and to build your own life to order. Taking inventory of mental assets and liabilities, you may discover that your greatest weakness is lack of self-confidence. This handicap can be surmounted, and timidity translated into courage, through the aid of the principal of autosuggestion. The application of this principle may be made through a simple arrangement of positive thought impulses stated in writing, memorized, and repeated until they become a part of the working equipment of the subconscious faculty of your mind.
Five Steps to Self-Confidence
1. I know I have the ability to achieve the object of my definite purpose in life; therefore, I demand of myself persistent, continuous action towards its attainment, and I here and now promise to render such action.
2. I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward physical action, and gradually transform themselves into physical reality, therefore, I will concentrate my thoughts for 30 minutes daily, upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become, thereby creating in my mind a clear mental picture.
3. I know through the principal of autosuggestion, any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the object back of it; therefore I will devote 10 minutes daily to demanding of myself the development of self confidence.
4. I have clearly written down a description of my definite chief aim in life, and I will never stop trying, until I shall have developed sufficient self-confidence for its attainment.
5. I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless built upon truth and justice; therefore I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it effects. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness and cynicism by developing love for all humanity because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me because I will believe in them and in myself. I will sign my name to this formula, commit it to memory and repeat it aloud once a day, with full faith that it will gradually influence my thoughts and actions so that I will become a self-reliant, successful person."